ETHICAL ETHICS!

Ethics for me is your conscience! It tells you, warns you or even gives you a hint if you’re doing right or wrong, pushing too far, or not doing enough.
When I decided a long time ago (thanks to my father who unknowingly whipped up the passion in me and he eventually watered it till he passed on) to step into Broadcast Journalism my unwritten personal code of ethics is presenting and giving opportunities for all sides to be heard. But, when you work for government in developing nations, it’s NOT as easy as it sounds, trust me! The best way to tackle this is just being professional.
When your focus is giving voice to the voiceless and getting the unheard, heard; then you choose to follow the African proverb which literally means there are two ways of saying sorry, one can be greeted with castigation, while the other can receive sympathy and empathy.
“Ethics must be reintroduced to public service to restore people’s faith in government”- Cronkite

State of the Nation on Morning Desk.
State of the Nation on Morning Desk.

In performing my duties as a reporter and News and Current Affairs programmes presenter, I make use of the two-way communication rather than stick to the top to bottom approach.Staying true to facts, presenting them without fear or favor are defining factors. No matter how colored your ‘freebies’ are, it doesn’t change the line of thoughts of my stories!
‘’It is not the reporter’s job to be a patriot
or to determine where patriotism lies’’- Walter Cronkite

... most times, your conscience is your ethics!
… most times, your conscience is your ethics!

On the News anchor beat, my goal is acquiring and delivering best practices knowing full well that my viewer deserves a clean, clear and understandable information.
Nevertheless, Broadcasting is my life, I eat, I drink and sleep in it!

Lagos Television News.
Lagos Television News.