Benazir’s Mission

I am a very strong willed, focused and curious person who has a great appreciation for diversity. I strive to improve my community which is one of the many other remote and ignored districts in my country. I see media as the most powerful tool to achieve my mission. For this reason, I aim to promote community journalism in Pakistan where all journalists including out-station-reporters (OSRs), stringers, multimedia producers and even photo-journalists around the country are fully equipped and trained to tell impactful stories of vulnerable and marginalized communities of Pakistan. A wide population of my country suffers in silence with no one to cater to them or take up their issues. Most, don’t even have an idea of the laws which might help them better their conditions. I plan to develop a network of community journalists who can reach out to these communities and cover the stories that are important to them. Once these people at the grass root level have their voices heard through media, they will feel empowered having a renewed sense of ownership towards their country. As a digital media editor of Pakistan’s largest media group, I plan to use my strategic leadership role in my news organization in a more effective way to ensure this large faction of the society is given a voice.