Tebow TIME..but maybe not because he is a Jet now.

The book I chose for my leadership book was Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow with Nathan Whitaker.  I chose the book because I love Tebow’s leadership style and also because when we were choosing the books, the Broncos were in the playoffs and Tebowmania was at it’s highest.  I also have a man crush on him but that’s beside the point.

I do love Tebow’s leadership style because it inspires others to believe.  If you watch him, you can’t help but believe that he is going to win or succeed.  It’s just something about him that leads people to believe in him.

Maybe it’s the way he was raised.  Maybe it’s the way he plays each game.  Maybe it’s the way he acts off the field.  Whatever it is, he is a person that people follow.  He earns the respect from teammates, and he doesn’t act entitled.

Maybe the reason everyone is willing to follow him is because he is a clean, hardworking, humble athlete.  I hate to say it, but it’s not something we see a lot these days.

Going into the book, I knew Tebow was down to earth and humble.  But I am even more convinced because of the way he talks about his life, his family and his faith.  He didn’t mention how it felt to win the heisman.  He just talked about everything around it.  He did talk about the two national championships Florida won, but it was a team thing.  He talked about how he helped the team.

I am very sad he is a Jet now.  I think I might have to have a man crush on Peyton Manning.  I think that’s an okay alternative.  He is pretty much awesome.

But I leave you with these two videos that help explain Tebow and why he is so popular.

2 Comments on “Tebow TIME..but maybe not because he is a Jet now.”

1. One thing that’s always been interesting to me about Tebow is how much power he’s had over people in a very indirect way. I think the ability to inspire others is a leadership quality we don’t see very often. By the way he plays and the way he acts on and off the field, Tebow has earned not only the respect of his teammates but also the loyalty of fans who look up to him for his talent, his humility and his willingness to take whatever life throws his way. He’s inspiring because he stands out from the crowd in the way he handles himself and acts toward others.

2. Thank you Eric for posting the two videos! They are both very entertaining!

I’m glad you enjoyed your leadership book. Having people believe in you is a very good leadership trait to have. After reading your post and listening to your presentation I have a better understanding of why people like Tim Tebow so much and view him as a leader.