Importance of Shura (team work) by Javaria Tareen

When I listen this word the first thing which strike my mind is that how my body is performing its functions as a team.I am sure my heart cannot be as strongly placed in its position as it is without the help and support of my ribs , my ribs can never be as strong to hold that all alone for sure they needed 12 ribs all together to become a team and to hold my heart tight. Even if I look at my fingers they are five in each hand and all together 10.

When Allah created man kind he never wanted us to be alone ,for that reason he created Adam.

Even with all the beauties of Heaven, Adam was made a wife – Hawa’ (Eve) – for the sake of companionship – and this marked the formation of the first team on earth.They were brought down to populate the world ,and it was their union that today human beings exist and living in different teams.(religion,culture).

Even Allah says in Quran: The strength of a thriving Muslim community lies in its unity.

{And hold fast all together by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you) and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah’s favor on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love so that by His grace ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of fire and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make his signs clear to you: that ye may be guided.} Al-Imran(3:103)

Unity makes our life perfect. As a individual we have a responsibility to help each other. No matter how rich or poor we are ,if we are not caring for others we are missing the important aspect and beauty in our lives.

When the team works together a lot of good things come out.We all know that we all need support ,encouragement and help.If someone says they can easily work or live all alone .I do not consider that person to be normal. Allah created this world for us where we can live with our families ,friends and fellows.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was also stern about working together as a team. In a beautiful hadith, he once said:

Faithful believers are to each other as the bricks of a wall, supporting and reinforcing each other. So saying, the Prophet Muhammad clasped his hands by interlocking his fingers.” (Al-Bukhari).

After this beautiful Hadith I would like to share a quotation ,

Individual commitments to a group effort-that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work ( Vince Lombardi)

One Comment on “Importance of Shura (team work) by Javaria Tareen”

1. I really loved reading this post Javaria, and observed many commonalities with teachings in my Christian faith as it relates to teamwork. Thanks for sharing this perspective.