Heather’s Mission Statement

From a young age I have had the desire to travel and immerse myself entirely in various cultures. I was fascinated with the fact that I would never entirely know everything there is to the world we live in but that only fueled my dedication to gain a better understanding of the people that lived in it and coexist, making up a global society.

As I matured, I became more intrigued in the people around me and the stories they had to tell, especially the people that might not have the means to tell their own story.

I think it is important for me to utilize the privilege I have been given by being able to attend a university, receive an education and to go forth and utilize it and to give a voice to the voiceless.

This desire has been a driving force in my academic pursuits. I would like to cover global events focusing on humanitarian aid, foreign policy and women’s rights.

I want to travel all over the world and experience life in as many different countries as possible in order to gain a more global perspective and create a positive change in the world through on-sight reporting as a foreign correspondent.

My goal is to do right by those who others have wronged, try to absorb as much knowledge as I can and share it with my peers around me in the time that I can.