Jamie Killin Elevator Pitch

I am a student at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications, currently earning my Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and my Master’s degree in mass communications through Barrett, the Honors College. Last year, I earned my minor in art history. I take a lot of pride in my leadership skills, which I have developed through campus clubs and my sorority, Alpha Delta Pi. I am a student writer who has interned for the Cronkite Journal and Phoenix Magazine. To add to my portfolio I write stories for a community newspaper in North Mesa and hope to add more freelance clients to my network before graduation. My interests include online media and photography; I am currently enrolled in advanced online media and have been shooting photos for seven years. After I graduate in May I hope to become a full-time freelance writer and photographer. I plan on marketing myself online through a website where I can showcase my clips as well as a portfolio of my photography and other multi-media projects.