ELEVATOR’S PITCH

My name is Hina Ali. I am a journalist from Pakistan. I have been working for last eight years and I have the honor to work with Pakistan’s first and only Oscar winning documentary filmmaker who also happens to be a woman.

My job title is ‘Producer’ but I like to describe myself as a storyteller. We have over 100 news channels feeding live news 24/7. Media is obsessed with breaking news.

Although there is live coverage of issues like violence, poverty and lack of education it does not show the human reality behind these issues. News make you think, it doesn’t make you feel. I make documentaries to show that human reality. My stories are about average people who keep the world going; my stories are about you and me.

During my Humphrey Year I am learning how to tell my stories in shortest time, in the most compelling way. I am also trying to understand America. I am making an effort to build some bridges between Pakistanis and Americans. I have found my grandparents in form of two amazing American friends – Sandi and Al Blumit. I love them and I wish and I hope that this bond, this bridge will last for the rest of our lives.

News make you think, it doesn't make you feel.
News make you think, it doesn’t make you feel.

One Comment on “ELEVATOR’S PITCH”

1. The elevator door opens. And there stands your ideal investor. It’s the chance of a lifetime. But that chance only lasts as long as the elevator