Lifestyle of human beings is changed, and there is no time for cooking at home especially in those fast pace of modern technology life. People always prefer eat outside, especially fast food to go home for lunch, even it is considered unhealthy. Can you imagine that, there is 30.000 calorie SANDWICH… they described it as “Delicious”
There are more than 300,000 fast food restaurants in USA. Here are some JUICY FACTS, posted June 27.2009 by “Random Facts”
Three of the Most Unhealthy French Fries
|Type||Calories||Fat (g)||Sodium (mg)||Trans fat (g)|
|Arby’s Curly Fries||631||37||1,476||1|
|McDonald’s Regular Fries||570||30||330||8|
|Dairy Queen Regular Fries||730||33||1,530||5|
– In 1970, Americans spent about $6 billion on fast food. In 2006, the spending rose to nearly $142 billion.
– During the early 1900s, the hamburger was thought to be polluted, unsafe to eat, and food for the poor. Street carts, not restaurants, typically served them.
– To keep salaries low, McDonald’s and other fast food chains have intentionally engaged in anti-union activities.
– Today, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo products are sold in every country in the world, except North Korea.
-Television greatly expanded the ability of advertisers to reach children and try to develop brand loyalty early in life. Today the average American child sees more than 10,000 food advertisements each year on television.
-When McDonald’s opened an outlet in Kuwait shortly after the end of the Gulf War, the line of cars waiting to eat there was seven miles long.
– Because McDonald’s initially did not want its customers to stay and socialize, they prohibited newspaper boxes, candy machines, telephones, pinball machines, jukeboxes, and other types of entertainment. They also installed uncomfortable chairs to deter customers from lingering
– Eating fast food can result in high levels of insulin, which has been linked to rising incidences of Type 2 Diabetes. In fact, more than 600,000 new cases of diabetes are diagnosed each year
– McDonald’s is one of the largest owners of real estate in the world and it earns the majority of its profits from collecting rent, not from selling food
– The rise in the fast food industry has been linked to rising cases of obesity. The CDC estimates that 248,000 Americans die prematurely due to obesity and considers obesity as the number two cause of preventable death in the US (the #1 cause is smoking).e
– Today, Americans consume approximately 70 million “tater tots” a year. They were created to utilize potato shreds left over from french fry production. The film Napoleon Dynamite (2004) popularized them even more. To burn off one serving (3 oz) of tater tots would take about 67 minutes of walking…